1. WHAT did the apostle John wish concerning Gaius?
"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 John 2.
2. What did God promise His people anciently?
"And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and He shall bless thy bread,
and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee."
3. Upon what conditions was freedom from
"If thou wilt diligently harken to the voice of the Lord thy
God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to
His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these
diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am
the Lord that healeth thee." Ex. 15:26.
4. What does the psalmist say the Lord does for His people?
forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases."
5. What constituted a large part of Christ's
ministry? "Who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil." Acts 10:38. See Luke 13:16. "And Jesus went
about all Galilee, . . . healing all manner of sickness and all manner of
disease among the people." Matt. 4:23.
6. Why should the health of the body be preserved?
"For ye are bought
with a price: therefore glorify God in
your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Cor. 6:20.
is the body of the believer said to be?
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the
which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" Verse
8. What will God do to those who defile this temple?
"If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy;
temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." 1 Cor. 3:17.
9. What example did Daniel set in this matter?
"But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with
the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank." Dan.
10. With what food did he ask to be provided?
"Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us
pulse to eat, and water to drink." Verse 12.
11. What was the original diet prescribed for man?
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb
bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every
tree, in the which is the
fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." Gen. 1:29.
12. Why did the Lord restrict the Hebrews in their diet?
art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the
Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto Himself, above
the nations that are upon the earth. Thou shalt not eat any abominable
thing." Deut. 14:2,3.
NOTE.-Both mind and body are affected by the food we eat.
13. What effect does cheerfulness have upon the health?
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine." Prov. 17:22.
14. How did
the Saviour provide rest for His disciples?
"And He said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place,
and rest awhile." Mark 6:31.
15. How are we exhorted to present our bodies to God?
"I beseech you. . . that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy,
acceptable unto God." Rom. 12:1.
16. What high purpose should control our habits of life?
therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31.
Preparing For Eternity Copyright © 2003-2019 All Rights Reserved