1. By what has God ordained that His work be sustained?
offerings." Mal. 3:8.
2. How are we told to come into His courts?
"Bring an offering, and come into His courts." Ps. 96:8.
NOTE.-Various offerings are mentioned in the Bible, such as thank-offerings, peace-offerings, sin-offerings, and trespass-offerings.
3. In celebrating the three annual feasts, what instruction did God give
to His people anciently?
"Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto Me in the year. . . . And none
shall appear before Me empty." Ex. 23:14,15.
4. With what spirit would God have us give?
"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not
grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." 2 Cor.
5. On what condition did Paul say he would have a reward?
"If I do this
thing willingly, I have a reward." 1 Cor. 9:17.
6. What has Christ said
"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35.
7. How does
God regard the covetous man?
"The wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous,
whom the Lord abhorreth." Ps. 10:3. See Ex. 18:21.
8. What warning did
Christ give against covetousness?
"Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not
in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Luke 12:15.
9. How, in the parable, did God regard the selfish rich man?
said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall
be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou
hast provided?" Verse 20.
10. What application does Christ make of this parable?
"So is he that
layeth up treasure for himself, and is not
rich toward God." Verse 21. See 1 Tim. 6:7.
11. By what means can men lay up treasure in heaven?
"Sell that ye have,
and give alms; provide yourselves bags
which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no
thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth." Luke 12:33. See 1 Tim. 6:7.
12. What charge was Timothy instructed to give the rich?
"Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded,
nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us
richly all things to enjoy; that they do good, that they be rich in
good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; laying up in
store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that
they may lay hold on eternal life." 1 Tim. 6:17-19.
13. How does God regard such a course?
"But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices
God is well pleased." Heb. 13:16.
14. According to what rule should one give?
"Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the
Lord thy God which He hath given thee." Deut. 16:17
15. Upon what basis are gifts acceptable to God?
"For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted
according to that
a man hath, and not according to that he hath not." 2 Cor. 8:12.
16. What indicates where our hearts are?
"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Luke 12:34.
Preparing For Eternity Copyright © 2003-2020 All Rights Reserved