1. WHAT was the character of Christ's work among men?
"Who went about doing good." Acts 10:38.
2. What will His true followers do?
"He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so
to walk, even as He
walked." 1 John 2:6.
3. In ministering to the needy, whom are we really serving?
as ye have done it unto one of the least of these
My brethren, ye have done it unto Me." Matt. 25:40.
4. How long will
there be poor in the world?
"Ye have the poor always with you." Matt. 26:11.
relation do all sustain to God?
"The rich and poor meet together:
the Lord is the maker of
them all." Prov. 22:2.
6. What is one good evidence of genuine repentance?
"Break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine
iniquities by showing
mercy to the poor." Dan. 4:27.
7. What is one evidence that one
has a knowledge of God?
"He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him:
was not this to know Me? saith the Lord." Jer. 22:16.
8. What classes are subjects for Christian help work?
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit
the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself
unspotted from the world." James 1:27.
9. Is it our duty always to give what is expected or asked?
said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as
1 have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and
walk." Acts 3:6. See 2 Cor. 12:8.
10. What is sometimes of greater value even than money to discouraged
"I smiled on them when they had no confidence." Job 29:24, margin
11. What divine law of retroaction attends giving?
"Give, and it shall
be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and
running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure
that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." Luke 6:38. See
Ps. 18:25,26; 109:17; Gal. 6:7.
12. What is promised those who give to the poor?
"He that hath pity
upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will
He pay him again." Prov. 19:17. "He that giveth unto the poor
not lack." Prov. 28:27.
13. How did Job learn of the needs of the poor?
"The cause of. him that I knew not I searched out." Job 29:16, R. V. "I
used to investigate." Jewish Version.
14. What parable illustrates practical Christian help
of the good Samaritan. Luke 10:30-37.
15. When Christ sent out the seventy, what did He tell them
to do in the cities whither they went?
"And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of
God is come nigh unto you." Verse 9.
16. Amidst poverty, suffering, and distress, what kind of workers does
God wish to see?
"But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them
in holes, and they are hid in prison-houses: they are for a
prey, NONE DELIVERETH: for a spoil, and none saith,
RESTORE. Who among you will give ear to this?" Isa. 42:22,23.
17. What is our duty toward the outcast and wandering?
"Hide the outcasts;
bewray not him that wandereth. Let Mine outcasts dwell with thee."
18. What incentive have Christians for doing prison work?
"I was in prison, and ye came unto Me." Matt. 25:36.
19. Who notes the groans of the prisoner?
"From heaven did the Lord behold the earth; to
hear the groaning of the
prisoner." Ps. 102:19,20.
20. What work constitutes the fast most acceptable to God?
this the fast that I have ordained, to untie the knots of wickedness; to relax the burden of the yoke; and rescue those
oppressed by violence: and that ye withdraw every yoke? Is it not to
part thy bread with the famished, and to bring the vagrant poor into
thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou clothe him? " Isa. 58:6,7, Spurrell's Version.
21. What promises are made to those who thus minister
to the wants and
distresses of others?
"If thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted
soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the
noonday: and the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy
soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a
watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not."
SOMEBODY near you is struggling alone
Over life's desert sand;
Faith, hope, and courage together are gone:
Reach him a helping hand,
Turn on his darkness a beam of your light;
Kindle to guide him, a
Cheer his discouragement; soothe his affright;
Lovingly help him to
Somebody near you is hungry and cold;
Send him some aid today.
Somebody near you is feeble and old,
Left without human stay:
Under his burdens put hands kind and strong;
Speak to him tenderly, sing
him a song;
Haste to do something to help him along
Over his weary way.
MRS. E. E. WILLIAMS.
Preparing For Eternity Copyright © 2003-2018 All Rights Reserved