1. WHAT has been
given to every man?
"For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who
left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his
work." Mark 13:34.
2. Besides work, what else has been given to every man?
"And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one;
to every man according to his several ability." Matt. 25:15.
3. What are those called to whom this work is committed?
kingdom of heaven is as a man traveling into a
far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his
goods." Verse 14.
4. What use did these servants make of their talents?
"Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the
same, and made them other five talents. . . . But he that had received one
went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money." Verses 16-18.
5. What excuse
did the one who hid his talent make?
"I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the
earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine." Verse 25.
6. What did his master say to him?
"His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful
servant." Verse 26.
7. What did he say the servant should have done?
"Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and
then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury." Verse 27.
8. What is characteristic of slothful persons?
"The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in
the streets." Prov. 22:13.
NOTE.-That is, they see great obstacles before them, and are always
ready with excuses.
9. What was the fate of the slothful servant?
"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness:
there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matt. 25:30.
10. What was said to the servant who improved his talents?
said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee
ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Verse 21.
11. Why did Christ endure the cruel death on the cross?
Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the
shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb. 12:2.
12. What will bring to the Lord this satisfaction and joy?
"He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied." Isa.
13. How will Christ demonstrate His joy over the saved?
"He will joy
over thee with singing." Zeph. 3:17.
14. What did Paul set forth as his crown of rejoicing?
"For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in
the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? For ye are our
glory and joy." 1 Thess. 2:19,20.
15. Since this joy comes to Christ only through His self-denial and
suffering for others, in what way must all others partake of that joy?
"It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with Him, we shall also live
with Him: if we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He
also will deny us." 2 Tim. 2:11,12.
16. What motive should prompt to soul-saving labor?
"For the love of
Christ constraineth us." 2 Cor. 5:14.
17. Whom does every faithful Christian worker represent?
"Now then we
are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did
beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to
God." Verse 20.
18. What does God do with the unfruitful members?
"Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and
every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth
more fruit." John 15:2.
19. Can one occupy a mere neutral position toward Christ?
"He that is
not with Me is against Me: and he that gathereth
not with Me scattereth." Luke 11:23.
20. For what does the Lord tell us to pray?
"The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few:
pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He would send forth laborers into
His harvest." Luke 10:2.
21. How are we cautioned against delaying the work?
"Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold,
I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are
white already to harvest." John 4:35.
22. What promise is made to those who sow the gospel seed?
sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth
forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again
with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." Ps. 126:5,6.
23. What promise is made to soul-winners?
"He that winneth souls is
wise." Prov. 11:30. "And they that be wise [margin, teachers] shall
shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness
as the stars forever and ever." Dan. 12:3.
Preparing For Eternity Copyright © 2003-2018 All Rights Reserved